What is the iOS Shortcuts App
The Shortcuts app, first introduced as an official Apple app with iOS 12, got a big boost with the release of iOS 13 and iPad OS 13. Now a built-in part of the system, Shortcuts
offers powerful tools for connecting first- and third-party apps with both each other and system features to help you get things done without a lot of hassle. In many cases, you just tap a button, a complicated series of actions take place, and you go about your day.
But it can be intimidating to dive into Shortcuts. There are so many options, and it’s hard to know where to begin (hint: it’s the gallery). Even building a basic shortcut with one step can seem like an undertaking. But it’s actually easier to get into than you might imagine (seriously, use the gallery).
How to Download Shortcuts
When you first download Shortcutsto your phone and begin exploring it, you’ll realize that the app comes with a bunch of handy workflows already installed. But there are a TON of custom iPhone shortcuts floating around the internet. To gain access to them, follow these 3 steps:
- Select the “Download” button (or something similar) for the shortcut you want to add to your phone. All shortcut downloads on reputable sites will have some sort of link that will allow you to easily add the workflow to your own device.
- When prompted, select either “Get Shortcut” or “Add Untrusted Shortcut” if you trust the website you’re attempting to download the workflow from.
- Depending on the way your iOS device is configured, you may receive a “Can’t Be Opened” error message when you try to activate a custom shortcut. To get around this security measure, head to your phone’s settings, choose Shortcuts, and select the option labeled “Allow Untrusted Shortcuts”
Shortcuts and Siri
Siri can be an integral part of your Shortcuts experience. While you used to need to set a specific phrase for your shortcut manually, now your shortcuts can be used with Siri without you creating an activation phrase on your own.
For example, I have a shortcut called End of Day. All I have to do is say “End of Day” to Siri for that shortcut to run. I didn’t have to record the name of the shortcut beforehand; it just became a part of the system.
You can also have of conversational interactions with Siri in Shortcuts. These are multipart conversations that third-party developers can take advantage of for, among other things, multistep shortcut creation. So you can tell Siri to create a to-do in your task manager of choice, for instance, and if that app’s shortcuts support it, Siri can follow up with different questions about things like title, due date, and what list to use.
The 10 Best iOS Shortcuts
Hopefully you’re excited to download the Shortcuts app and begin exploring the different workflows it comes with. But if you really want to boost your productivity and enjoyment levels while using your iOS device, you’ll want to download each of the workflows below:
1. Twitter video downloader- click here
2. Instagram video downloader- click here
3. Facebook video downloader- click here
4. YouTube video downloader- click here
5. Download TikToks w/o watermarks- click here
6. Delete the last photo saved to your device- click here
7. Birth Reminder- click here
8. Make a photo college- click here
9. Delete the last photo saved to your device- click here
10. Get directions to the nearest gas station (or anything else)- click here
#Windows #theinfowave #technology #information @theinfowave